Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day, which is such a bitter sweet holiday for me now.  I feel so blessed that I'm the mom to two of the most amazing children ever.  I'm lucky to be able to spend the day with my sweet little girl and fantastic husband and family.  I also have an incredible mom, whom I love to pieces and feel blessed to share this day with.  And yet, at the same time it's so hard to not be able to spend this day with my sweet son.  It's more than hard, it's actually kind of a nightmare.  I heard a few people today say they were missing their moms who were thousands of miles away.  Oh yeah?  Well my son can't be reached by phone or by airplane so stop complaining!  I wish I could just FLY to heaven to visit my Lincoln, if for just only a few minutes.

Last Mother's Day a dear friend gave me a beautiful necklace that says "Mother of an angel" on it.  I wear it often.  I looked back and I guess I never wrote about it last year on this blog.  I didn't write anything on Mother's Day.  I clearly wasn't in the mood.  And I'm not really now but I wanted to share the beautiful poem that my friend gave me, along with that necklace that means so much to me.

Mother of an Angel

There must be a special mansion in the heavens up above,
waiting to be filled with the tears, and laughter and love.

Of the mother and her child who are finally together,
after their separation that seemed would last forever.

A little room must wait, with the perfect rocking chair
where she and he will once again resume their cuddling there.

She'll recall all of his favorite books and the songs he loved her to sing,
It will be as if time never passed, for her heart will remember those things.

And when he begs for just one more, she won't ever hesitate.
Because mother and child will be together again, and everything else can wait.

There must be beautiful gardens, with forts and wagons and swings, 
Where mother and son will spend hours and hours, doing al of the little boy things.

Like riding bikes, flying kites, and looking for worms and bugs;
like racing to the finish line and giving great big bear hugs.

There must be a cosy kitchen waiting for the day
When mother and son are together again and both have so much to say.

There will be the smell of cookies baking for a little boy to devour
As he sits at the counter and talks to his mom, with never a care for the hour.

Somehow Heaven must be a place where wrong is all made right;
filled with things more beautiful than any earthly sight.

But there must be something special that is felt by everyone
About the corner of heaven that is shared by a Mother and her Angel son.

-Marilee Davis
I love you Linc Linc.

2 comments:

  1. I had to take Bridger out of Relief Society again yesterday. He loves to poop in there. Anyway I ended up sitting on the couch in the foyer and there was a woman there with her 10 month old girl. The little girl was sitting on the floor playing with toys. For some reason it made me think about when we would sit in the foyer and watch Lincoln play on the floor. He was the sweetest boy Joie. Nothing will ever replace him, but the memories of him will live on forever in so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful boy. Such a beautiful poem. Cheers to Marilee and cheers to you for surviving every day without your little Lincoln boy. You're amazing. I love you.

    ReplyDelete