Saturday, April 9, 2011

My babes

I continue to be amazed at the love that Jezelle and Lincoln have for one another. I sometimes feel like Jezelle thinks that Lincoln is actually HER baby. She loves to feed him, pick out his clothes, help dress and bathe him, and help him do his therapy and exercises. She is just about as thrilled as we are when he achieves any tiny skill that we have been working on. It's pretty adorable. And I love when I hear her talking to him just as I would, or exactly how she has heard his therapists talking to him. Today she said, "Oh Linky- why can't you just hold onto that toy silly billy."





Sometimes I feel bad or get anxious about all the sacrifices she makes, and the ones she will have to make, being the older sister to a sibling with special needs. But the thing is, I don't really think that she minds at all. And I need to just remember that. She's way more "ok" with all of this than I am. And the thing is, I think she always will be. What a little super star she is. And what an incredible example she is to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment