Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Lincoln

Our sweet Lincoln is 1 year old today. And oh what a year it has been! I think it has been the hardest year of my life but at the same time I can hardly list the countless blessings which we have been given as well. Lincoln is the light of our life. He has brought our family closer together, has allowed us to serve and has helped me realize what an incredible family and friends we are surrounded by, who have been nothing but supportive through every single trial. In just one year of life he has already taught me so many more lessons than I will probably ever teach him in his life. We love him to pieces and he truly makes my heart melt every single day.

I was worried that this birthday would be kind of bitter/sweet for me, reflecting back on what a difficult year it has been and the realization that Lincoln is definitely NOT functioning at a 1-year-old level developmentally. But honestly, the day was great! I have the greatest friends and family in the whole world! Both Sarah and Brandi brought over cupcakes so that Lincoln's special day didn't get missed (since I was still a bit under the weather from the appendectomy I had the previous day!) Good thing his buddy Quinn came over to help us celebrate!
yes, Lincoln has major drool coming out of his mouth in the above picture but I had to put this cute picture up!








Ha! I love the above picture. Lincoln has an entire cupcake in front of him and all Quinn got were some crumbs. Poor guy!

"I came to this party and all I got were some crumbs."

We love you Lincoln. We love that you have come into our family and have reminded us of what life is truly all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment