Sunday, June 10, 2012

3 months


Today marks another month we've lived without Lincoln with us.  It's been 3 months.  It feels like so long ago now that it almost seems like it was a different life.  And I guess in many ways it was.  Everyone who knew him has now been changed because of this experience.  We are all different.  We are all changed.

I've had quite a few people tell me that grief is like a series of waves.  Though they are always there, sometimes they come crashing down harder and more unexpectedly then others.  Either way, they come, so we just have to learn to face them head on and ride them out entirely.  It's no use fighting them.  And they aren't going to just stop, or go away.

And so we pray to get through another month.  Another day.  Another hour.  And at the end of each day we thank God that we've made it through another day.

4 comments:

  1. God bless you Joie. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Joie -- You guys are always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears. I miss him. And I miss him for you. That picture is beautiful and so are your words. I love you Jo. I continue to pray for you each and every day.

    ReplyDelete