Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

Another holiday, another heart ache.

Holidays are hard without Lincoln.  Yesterday was Halloween.  I missed him.  A lot.  My arms felt so empty as we took our 6 year old daughter out trick-or-treating around our neighborhood.  I kept thinking how I should be carrying him and how much he loved being outside.  It was hard not to think of last Halloween and how cute he was in his octopus costume.

Since this year our daughter chose to be Merida, from the movie Brave, I couldn't help but think how perfect Lincoln would have been as one of Merida's younger triplet brother's.  Oh how cute he would have been and oh how perfect he would have played the part.


.....see the resemblance?




It would have been perfect....

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that WOULD have been perfect. I'm sorry your baby wasn't here for this and for every other day!! I kept thinking of you when I saw Galen's portraits with the pinwheel, I almost didn't share that one on FB because I didn't want to hurt you, but then I thought, your are going to be hurting no matter what I do, and little tributes to Lincoln everywhere make the world a brighter place! Love to you and your family, Joie!! Thank you for sharing your journey here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking on facebook and a friend of mine has a daughter that passed away several years ago. Her birthday was last week. Someone posted this quote on her page. "The closest thing to having heaven in your home, is to have someone from your home in heaven." Not sure if you've heard it before but I thought it was neat. See you guys in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete