Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Birthday

After Lincoln's funeral we had a luncheon for close family and friends.  My amazing friends put together an absolutely perfect birthday celebration for him, since his 2nd birthday was two days after the funeral.  My sweet friend Melissa documented the entire day for us and someday when I have the courage I'll look at the pictures and post some of them on here because it truly was an amazing luncheon and something I will hold so close to my heart forever.  (see more of Melissa's photography here: melissahancockphotography )

Yet another very talented friend made a birthday cake for Lincoln, which was displayed at the luncheon We decided to keep the cake and cut it on his birthday.  This cake will again always mean so much to me.  It was so special.  Thank you Tonya!  So, on Lincoln's 2nd birthday this year we sang happy birthday to him and cut his most adorable cake.  We then wrote messages to him on balloons and sent them off to heaven for him.  Jezelle loved this idea and had a very specific message to write on her balloon.  It was a really nice way to honor and remember our sweet Lincoln boy.











1 comment:

  1. I think we should send Lincoln balloons every year on his birthday. I hope Linc is having fun in heaven too because we sure miss him being here:)

    ReplyDelete